About Me

My photo
Ambassador of Christ, Committed to the Local Church, Husband, Father, Disciple Maker, Chaplain, Airman.
Views do not represent the USAF

Thursday, March 29, 2018

The World Without Easter

Behold: my people have acted foolishly,
            and shall be cast down.
The nations are without a witness,
            the Kings speak boastful and unrestrained words.
            The Word of God which we have not heard is forgotten and lost.
We are despised and rejected by men;
            men of sorrows and forever acquainted with grief.
Surely we will bear our griefs, even to Hell;
            our sorrow is our faithful companion all the days of our lives.
We are stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
            We are cursed for our transgressions;
            We are crushed for our iniquities;
            We are without peace and without hope in the World.
            Our sores are gangrenous and licked by the wild dogs; without remedy.
We like sheep have gone astray,
            and no shepherd leaves the flock to search for us.
Our iniquities fester and multiply.
We are oppressed, afflicted,
            we cry out in agony, torn asunder like lost lambs amongst the wolves.
By injustice and oppression we find no reprieve in the lawless courts of men;
            my generation is lost, stricken for my transgression and theirs.
Our graves are hewn for the wicked;
            rich and poor alike; we shall perish and shall see corruption in them.
Our violence has taken us away,
            and our deceit has sealed our fate.
And it was the will of the Lord to punish us,
            He has put us to grief,
            There is no guilt offering, no substitute;
            We and our children are lost forever.
Of the anguish of our soul! We shall never be free;
            I could not save myself, I can neither save others;
            I cannot bear even the weight of mine own iniquities.
My portion is lost, my spoil is wasted on those who will fall after me;
            My lifeblood is splattered on the ground,
            amongst the blood of a multitude of transgressors.
            Each bearing the immeasurable weight of his sins.
            There is no intercession for the transgressors.

But…Jesus… (Isaiah 52:13-53:12)


No comments: